JUNIOR CLUB ACCREDITATION ("JUNIOR GOLFCERT")
Junior GolfCert is the nationally acknowledged accreditation scheme for golf clubs. It provides a framework to help clubs to improve themselves, and to ensure that their programmes, policies and procedures are all in line with best practice. The scheme has been introduced by Wales Golf to :
- Ensure that consistent good practice is delivered through all golf club junior development.
- Ensure accredited clubs are identified and recognised by a national scheme for the good work they do for the sport and their communities.
- Highlight such clubs as exemplars to others in Wales and to provide a focus for the sharing of good practice in terms of working with children and young people.
Within the accreditation, the five key areas assessed are:
- Junior Club Structure
- Recruitment & Coaching
- Playing & Competition
- Coach/Volunteer Recruitment & Education
- Child/Adult Welfare
All five key areas are supported in this website. Click on the Junior Golf Guide section for further information.
Junior GolfCert is made up of two levels of award; Standard and Higher. Please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button on the right to register and access the criteria. When you have registered, your Regional Development Officer will be notified and you will be sent a confirmation email, detailing your username and login. You can then use this to login, access the criteria and apply online.
Clubs that achieve the Junior GolfCert will:
· Receive a plaque to be displayed in the clubhouse
· Promoted on the Wales Golf website
· Recommended by GDW as a junior friendly club
Integrated within the higher award criteria is the Disability Sport Wales (DSW) insport Ribbon (introductory level). Therefore, clubs that achieve the higher award will also be awarded the DSW insport club accreditation – Ribbon level. Further information can be found on www.disabilitysportwales.com.